MARKET ANALYST, BUYER’S AGENT, ACCREDITED ADVISOR
Propertyology Head of Research
QPIA®, GAICD, DIP FP, DIP FMBM, COMDEC
Incredibly driven, enjoys challenging the status quo to pursue better outcomes, a contrarian and a highly respected thought-leader.
Simon Pressley is founder and managing director of Propertyology and a Hall of Fame Inductee of Real Estate Institute of Australia.
Simon has carved out a career as a professional property investor and full-time analyst of the fundamentals of the property markets of every capital city and every regional location throughout Australia.
Having studied Australian real estate history to the nth degree, Simon has an intimate understanding of the complexities of property markets, the machinations of the numerous inputs, and the knock-on effect that human actions have on property markets. There is no university degree or training course which teaches these things.
When, during the onset of COVID-19, every single bank and a big bunch of economists were predicting the biggest downturn in Australian real estate history, Simon was the only person in Australia to correctly predict that property markets would actually boom and that it would only take a few months for that to occur.
His track record proves this against-the-grain forecast was no fluke.
“There are very few things on the planet which are more complicated than property markets. It will always be impossible for anyone to get it right all of the time. I have a winning-and-learning attitude for my role. Downturns and booms, the ability to understand the cause and effect of market performance in every location is what sharpens the focus for future forecasts.”
The below graphic contains a visual summary of some of Simon’s other thought-leading forecasts.
Prior to becoming a full-time national property market analyst, Simon gained invaluable experience at the real estate transaction level as a buyer’s agent. With the skills and appropriate licences to operate in five (5) different states, Simon was recognised as Australia’s Buyer’s Agent of the Year in three (3) consecutive years and subsequently inducted into the Real Estate Institute of Australia Hall of Fame.
Simon has recruited, trained and developed a team that delivers a unique buyer’s agency service whom have helped everyday Aussies to invest in real estate in twenty (20) individual cities and towns across Australia.
An elite decision-maker, Simon is a graduate of Australian Institute Company of Directors and former elite-level AFL Umpire.
Prior to pursuing a career in real estate, Simon gained valuable knowledge about banking, finance and credit. A 10-year career with Commonwealth Bank of Australia included roles in assessing credit applications, a broad appreciation for commerce, and understanding the importance of credit.
Subsequent to CBA, Simon owned and operated a mortgage broking business. In 2004, Simon was awarded Australian Mortgage Broker of the Year Award.
Simon has tertiary qualifications which include property investment advisory, financial planning and housing finance.
Called upon most days by different segments of the media, Simon’s objective (and often very direct) commentary on property market matters are featured in print, radio and television.
He is also happy to consider requests for being a keynote speaker at events.
- 2018 + 2020 + 2021 + 2022 REIQ Awards For Excellence ‘Buyer’s Agency Of The Year’ – WINNER
- 2017 + 2019 REIQ Awards For Excellence ‘Buyer’s Agency Of The Year’ – FINALIST
- 2018 Your Investment Property Awards ‘Australia’s Buyer’s Agency of the Year’ – WINNER
- 2017 Telstra Business Of The Year – FINALIST
- 2016 REIQ Awards For Excellence ‘Small Residential Agency Of The Year’- WINNER
- 2015 REIA Hall Of Fame
- 2015 REIQ Awards For Excellence ‘Buyer’s Agent Of The Year’- FINALIST
- 2014 + 2013 + 2012 REIQ Awards For Excellence ‘Buyer’s Agent Of The Year’- WINNER
- 2014 + 2013 + 2012 REIA Awards For Excellence ‘Buyer’s Agent Of The Year’- WINNER
- 2004 + 2005 + 2006 Australian Mortgage Awards ‘Broker of the Year’
- 1996 Commonwealth Bank ‘General Manager’s Award’
- Australian Institute of Company Directors – Graduate
- Qualified Property Investment Advisor – Diploma
- Financial Planner – Diploma
- Finance and Mortgage Broking Management – Diploma
- Real Estate Licensee (multiple states)
Media Comments & Keynote Speaker Enquiries
Please telephone 1300 65 40 70.
Event & Speaking Testimonials